Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What I'm Listening To and What I Think You Should Be Hearing Too!

Hello readers!
I know what you're thinking...2 blog posts in 1 week? And yes, this is totally happening! This is "real life" like we in Ride:Well would call it over the summer. Like I said, I'm really gonna try to be more consistent!

Wednesdays, especially, are gonna be fun for me.

I want to focus every Wednesday on some music that I've been recently introduced to or just really enjoy in hopes that you may check them out too (And then maybe they'll be playing near you and you can check them out over the weekends or something!)

...I know, a little far-fetched, but hopefully, it'll catch on over time. :)

Music, as some of you know is something really near and dear to me. Both sets of my grandparents sang together in choirs and singing groups when they were young, my parents both have had their time in choirs and musical ensembles, and I have just inherited a real love of the thing.

Music speaks clearer than words can sometimes...quite a beautiful power.


And now, for my first music blog!:

I heard about this group over the summer while I was participating in Ride:Well, and to be honest, I had my reservations...not to downplay the amazingness of local music, because I'm quite the sucker for it, but sometimes what one person likes just isn't the preference of another.


But I have yet to meet one person who doesn't like the sound of this group.


May I introduce to you: AIR REVIEW



*Air Review is: Doug Hale, Richard Carpenter, Jeff Taylor, Justin Robinson, and Hank Bentley

This 5-man group from the Dallas area is definitely making some waves in the local music scene. It's obvious in every song of their album, Landmarks, that they're all experienced in what they do. These guys know what they're doing in their music/artisitic roles...and what they do, they do well.

Each song sports unbelievable vocal harmonies, amazing guitar riffs, a drum beat fit for head-bobbing, piano solos that will leave you in awe, or all of the above. This indi-rock group is one that I would classify as "the whole package". Within Landmarks, every song brings something to the table.

Every song.

(We all have those albums where we listen to 2 songs then we change the album...so I find it important to mention that this would be the exception, in my opinion!)

And just to add to the ingenuity of this group, their entire album was recorded and produced by the guys themselves.

Trust me folks. Check out the album. You will not be disappointed.

Air Review is currently back in the studio recording/producing their follow-up album, which I, for one am REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO!

They have a couple live shows coming up also, which you should check out if you are in the area:

**October 28th: Concert on the Square in Ft. Worth//Air Review w/ One Eskimo//You can buy tickets at http://www.kxt.org/ and tickets are only $7.50 (So seriously, there's no reason why you shouldn't be there!)

**November 5th: Trees in Dallas//Air Review w/ The Orange// You can buy tickets at http://www.clubzone.com/events/314833/dallas/trees/air-review


Also, follow them on twitter @airreview for info on upcoming shows (and great twitpics of them working hard in the studio) :)

Check them out on MySpace: www.myspace.com/airreview

***Also, you can go ahead any buy the album on Amazon and iTunes!***

And this concludes my first music/opinion/advertising for good music blog...Comment if you'd like :)

No comments:

Post a Comment