Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What I'm Listening to This Wednesday...

As stated last week, I'm very intentional about keeping up-to-date with this blog, especially with this Wednesday Music blog feature :)

Soooooo, this week...I have been oversdosing my ears on:

Andrew Belle

I, honestly (and kinda embarrassingly), hadn't heard anything from him til about 2 months ago...

The first time I'd heard him was when a friend of mine posted up the music video of his for the song "Static Waves" which features Katie Herzig on Facebook. I'd heard, in passing, of Katie before-hand and was interested in hearing what she sounded like....

Now, to be fair, Katie Herzig is amazing, and I'll probably doing a blog on her at a later time, but Andrew's voice and music is what made the biggest impact on me personally at this first introduction.

After the video was over, I did was anyone else would do in this situation...I went to iTunes and bought his entire album, The Ladder.

As one who is partial to acoustic-driven tunes, I was blown away by how effective and amazing he is on both the guitar and the piano. Lyrically covering the different levels of a relationship with songs like: Static Waves, Oh My Stars, Make it Without You and the title track...to the heartbreak that can come with lost friendships in My Oldest Friend, the album is chock-full of lyrics and music that will bring hope, passion, grace and will relate to you in areas of heartbreak, loss, and fear.

Andrew is currently on tour w/ Tyrone Wells through the end of November. So if you are in or around a city that is hosting him, be sure to get a ticket and check him out!

Upcoming cities where you can catch Andrew Belle live are:

*Iowa City, IA (10/20)

*Minneapolis, MN (10/21)

*Evanston, IL (10/22)

*Milwuakee, WI (10/23)

*Chicago, IL (10/24)

*St. Louis (10/26)

..and heading to the West Coast!

For more information on the tour, the album, or on Andrew Belle himself, be sure to check out his website: http://www.andrewbelle.com/ or check out http://www.10outoftenn.com/.

Also, be sure to follow him on Twitter via @team_belle and @andrewbelle, and be friends on Facebook!

"On a ladder from there to here, I'll climb

All this clatter between my ears I find

Does is matter if I can't clear my mind?

There's a right and a wrong time."

-Andrew Belle, The Ladder


No comments:

Post a Comment